Summary of Brief:
To provide local country teams with a suite of toolkit videos to use when discussing MRSA Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections (ABSSSI) with clinicians. The videos, which would also be incorporated into e-detail aids and on exhibition stands, had to help promote a better understanding of:
- The impact of ABSSSI on patients.
- The treatment pathway — and the decision points for choosing appropriate antibiotic therapies.
- The scientific rationale behind a forthcoming MRSA disease awareness initiative.
What we did:
- Split the videos into three groups:
- Two 5-minute patient interviews — one patient with a wound infection (middle-aged female with comorbidities) and a second with an abscess infection (young male, otherwise fit and healthy).
- Four 5-minute interviews with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) detailing their decision-making process when choosing the appropriate antibiotic therapy for treating MSRS ABSSSI infections.
- Four 5-minute interviews with KOLs providing the rationale for the MRSA awareness campaign and highlighting the risk factors associated with MRSA and the importance of appropriate empiric treatment.
- Started work on the patient interviews, choosing to film the subjects on consecutive days in their own homes as we felt this would ensure they we relaxed enough to provide engaging footage.
- Interviewed the patients and their families — highlighting how the condition gives rise to challenges on a daily basis and how it also affects patients’ nearest and dearest.
- Shot footage of ‘their’ wounds — in fact, these were recreated by a skilled medical makeup artist (using photos provided by the two interviewees) and shot in a studio using specialist cameras.
- Interviewed all KOLs next to a large plasma screen which displayed their presentation slides as they talked to camera — as this is a familiar setting for a KOL we felt this would afford a more natural presentation.
- Scripted each interview to allow for the content to be pre-approved by the client.
- Worked alongside the client’s other agency to ensure all slide content was consistent, perfectly designed and easily legible when filmed.
- Used the same UK-based crew to film both the patient and KOL interviews to provide a consistent look and feel across all the videos.
- Edited all videos before sending for client review.