Summary of Brief:
Deliver a high impact, successful launch event which projected the Life Sciences Hub Wales’ confident, innovative tone of voice and professional, aspirational brand — reflected in everything from the opening ceremony itself, to the food served.
The main objective was to set the standard for the Life Sciences Hub Wales and highlight the real business purpose of the organisation — ensuring attendees left feeling excited and inspired by the prospect of what the Hub will deliver, and the promising future for the Life Sciences sector in Wales.
What we did:
- Worked with our client to compile and then manage the guest list, ensuring it included the most important, influential and prominent members of the Life Sciences sector, as well as the rising stars of the future — those with whom relationships were considered essential to the Hub’s success.
- Designed a formal invitation, plus a ‘save the date’ email which included the agenda.
- Consistently applied the Hub branding — designed and developed by our in-house design team as part of a separate project — across all collateral that we created, from the presenters’ PowerPoint template and delegate badges, to the eight-page delegate booklets and agendas we handed out from our onsite registration desk.
- Designed and produced a series of pull ups that were used to brand the venue.
- Organised a ‘mini exhibition’ whereby Hub member companies were invited to set up their own pop-up stand or pull up to showcase their services and involvement in the Hub.
- Sourced innovative catering with a strong Welsh theme, chosen to celebrate the best of Welsh ingredients and recipes.
- Worked alongside the in-house technical crew to ensure the AV, set and staging was relevant to the event.
- Provided PowerPoint support to all presenters in advance of the launch.
- Had our camera crew onsite throughout to get footage of the exterior and interior infrastructure and to cover all the activity, speeches and presentations, as well as vox pops from key attendees — providing valuable third party endorsement.
- Photography and a short film captured the event to ensure its reach and longevity extended beyond the day itself.
“Many thanks to all of the team for your sterling efforts for the launch yesterday. We were delighted with how well everything ran — nice feel to the event and with excellent food as well and nothing but great feedback. It was really good working with such professionals across your team and we would love to work with you again in connection with the Hub.”
“Many thanks indeed for your remarkable level of support for our launch. I felt it all went perfectly, and almost entirely down to your good planning and calm heads.”