Summary of Brief:
Devise an impactful launch campaign for a prescription product developed for paediatric patients with Adrenal Insufficiency (AI), that could be deployed across multiple countries on multiple code-compliant channels.
The client asked us to create a campaign that would:
- Raise awareness around the unmet needs of children with Adrenal Insufficiency.
- Promote its solution whilst adopting a creative cross-channel approach.
- Build reputational trust amongst key opinion leaders, patients/families and payers.
What we did:
- Held an all hands workshop with the client where it was decided that, as the brand was in its infancy, a ‘big idea’ concept should be developed to focus on one single powerful image and one supportive strapline.
- Familiarised ourselves with the product’s key benefits, target audience, markets and the brand’s communications strategy, before mapping conceptual ideas.
- Developed a statement that explained the unmet need for the product, using the company’s positioning statement and comms strategy as a starting point.
- Using the unmet need / problem statement, plotted a mind map with the focus on the action we wanted the audience to take.
- Researched the competitive landscape, before holding a group project meeting to combine thinking and poll thoughts to date.
- Started scamping up ideas in pencil and drafted potential straplines.
- Developed scamps and created mood boards that presented the campaign concept in an understandable light.
- Presented all ideas and rationale to the client.
- Developed a fully worked up draft advert and, after approval, drafted fully worked up accompanying copy.
- Created a suite of campaign materials that utilised the same concept across different platforms, all optimised for the channel.
- Measured, reported and improved.
We had developed an entire brand book when, halfway through the project, we were presented with a considerable challenge; the medical licence changed meaning the target age range for the product changed from 0-6 to 0-18. Whilst this was a positive change for our client, it had a huge impact on the brand and we had to start the campaign — and brand itself — again, in a much shorter space of time.
Although there was a short turnaround time, we presented three different concepts and the client selected one which they felt ‘nailed it’ in terms of what they wanted to achieve. We got to work flowing the new concept across all pieces of content, which were quickly approved by the client.
To date, we have created more than 70 pieces of material for the campaign, most of which have been published in printed and online journals in multiple languages around the world, on websites, at congress meetings, on exhibition booth panels, within sponsorship activities and direct mail campaigns. Each piece created shares the same brand relevant concept, a consistent tone of voice, brand identity, and ethos.